Below is the standard format for Curriculum Vitae that will be included in your (international nurse or graduate nurse from Australia) application form.
Copied from the site of AHPRA, for a more detailed description kindly visit the website of AHPRA or inquire online on their virtual assistant.
"The following information is provided as a guide to what you should include in the
curriculum vitae that you provide to AHPRA as part of your application"
- Personal Information
- Qualifications Obtained
- Bridging Programs / Qualifying Examinations
(Include dates, facility, city, state and results)
- Clinical / Procedural Skills
(Please note whether competent and /or observed)
- Work / Practice History
- Current and Previous Positions
Details to include:
• Title of the position(s) -
• Facility (including name, address and contact details i.e. City, State, Country)
• Responsibilities (including whether position was full-time/part-time and if part-
time include hours of work/week)
- Internship and Observership
- Provide in the chronology of the practice history details of internship rotations
and any periods of observership
- Gaps in Work / Practice History
Please provide an explanation of any period since obtaining your professional
qualifications where you have not practised and reasons (eg undertaking study,
travel, family commitment)
- Registration History
- Provide a list of jurisdictions i.e. authorities:
• where you are currently registered to practice and your registration number
• where you have been previously registered to practice and your registration number
• where you have applied for registration and that application remains under
- References and Publications
Note: If provided this should be limited to 1-2 pages
Other important information
• You must declare on your CV that the ‘The Curriculum Vitae is true and
correct as at (insert date)’. This declaration must be signed and dated.
• The Boards will only accept the original signed Curriculum Vitae.
• You must also attach certified copies of any results or performance reports
from bridging courses undertaken, skills assessment, observership (as
applicable) that have been stated in the CV.